Job Title : Senior Designer
Company : Microsoft
Employment type : Full-Time
Job Source : Microsoft careers
AndFreelancer is an opensource marketplace where you can find jobs for free! You may also can post your job. Today we are finding jobs from Microsoft careers . We just collect the job articles and details for you. So, please read the job details and if you are the perfect one, please don’t forget to apply for Microsoft careers!
Inside Microsoft’s Massive Headquarters
About the role (Microsoft careers)
The Windows Design Systems team is looking for a Senior Product Designer with exceptional visual design skills and experience in creating and maintaining design systems. In this role, you will have the opportunity to impact the visual design expression of Fluent on Windows and develop elegant and scalable design solutions that will set Windows apart from any other operating system.
About Windows & Devices (Microsoft careers)
The Windows & Devices Experiences team is responsible for creating the next generation of experiences for Windows and the Surface line of products. We are a multidisciplinary team of designers, product managers and engineers who work collaboratively on creating research-backed, people-centric experiences that bridge the gap between software and hardware, while being inclusive, accessible, and modern. We believe that our products reflect the people and the culture behind them, and we foster a synergetic work environment where curiosity, critical thinking and diverse perspectives are highly valued. Windows is going through an exciting transformation and the Windows & Devices Experiences team is at the center of it. We partner closely with business and technology team members to envision, design, define, validate, and deliver experiences which reach over 1.3 billion people.
Meet the makers and join us in building the next generation of Windows.
PS: We are a remote-friendly team. While co-location is not mandatory, it is required of this role to align to Redmond office hours.
About Windows Design Systems
We are a team of systems designers and design technologists that create forward thinking design patterns which are used by Microsoft engineers to build innovative Windows experiences and by external customers to build apps that feel native on Windows.
Responsibilities (Microsoft careers)
- Steer the visual language and design direction of Fluent on Windows to create a set of memorable and ownable experiences that will help strengthen and differentiate our product and brand
- Craft elegant and scalable design solutions for the Windows platform that are fully compliant with engineering and accessibility requirements
- Develop and maintain the design system for the Windows platform (design toolkits, design guidance, documentation, processes) for our internal and external customers
- Advocate for design and engineering best practices to our design and developer audience in order to deliver modern and performant experiences
- Work closely with Research, Product and Engineering to identify, plan, scope and execute design solutions end to end
- Work autonomously and think strategically to identify areas of opportunity for cross-platform coherence through the Fluent Design System
Qualifications (Microsoft careers)
- A portfolio that demonstrates exceptional design skills, attention to detail, and the ability to solve complex problems through elegant solutions
- 5+ years of experience of building digital products
- Experience in driving large scale, customer-centered, horizontal initiatives: understanding the needs, behaviors and motivations of our customers to develop relevant solutions that impact multiple endpoints
- Ability to champion collaborative product making and partnering with multiple teams across multiple organizations
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills (both verbal and written) and ability to present your work to peers and executives
- Excellent visual design skills and ability create pixel-perfect designs, prototypes and other design artifacts
- Proficiency with industry standard design tools such as Figma, ProtoPie or equivalent applications
- Familiarity with agile process, asynchronous communication and working with distributed teams
Skills that will set you apart
- Technical background and experience with markup languages (HTML, XAML, MD) and functional prototyping (ES6, React, Typescript)
- Experience in working with and developing custom tooling and design to code solutions (e.g. design tokens)
- Design / dev community advocacy experience
- Passion for technical writing
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
How to apply : Click here for Microsoft careers