Lead Product Designer – Client Growth
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
As a Lead Product Designer on our team, you will drive innovative experiences for one of our company’s top strategic pillars! By owning key workstreams, you will have the opportunity to reinvent how companies find, hire, and pay freelancers. You will be empowered by a strong design culture to design products and features that help millions of users collaborate with distributed teams!
- Lead the design strategy for several work-streams within one of the company’s most meaningful pillars and core product experiences
- Drive an innovative and entrepreneurial culture by delivering thoughtful, explorative MVPs designed to learn from and iterate with
- Own end-to-end design projects consisting of several product features and touchpoints from ideation, research, through execution and production
- Be the subject matter authority for experience and design
- Be curious. Learn about our users, build empathy for their needs, advocate for them and deliver impactful experiences that connect their goals to business context.
- Demonstrate high quality design practices. This includes participation in all aspects of UX: research, ideation, facilitation, strategy, interaction design, information architecture, and visual execution
- Build a variety of design assets to communicate your concepts to a broad range of partners and end users; ranging from strategy and experience concepts to detailed design systems and assets
- Collaborate with product, services, engineering, and operations partners; produce design solutions, and adapt your designs to emerging constraints
- Drive multiple small to large projects in parallel in partnership with your team and other teams and functions in the organization.
- Develop your skills and expertise in the dynamics of a dual-sided marketplace
- Mentor junior designers on the team; lead small teams of designers when needed
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Proven experience as a UX designer in a cross-functional UX team, dedicated to the complete UX design and development lifecycle of several successfully launched features and products
- A self-starter, “tinker” attitude that proactively drives explorations
- Recent Mobile experience that includes leading “mobile first” design efforts and crafting responsive flows across form factors
- A thoughtful balance of product requirements, user needs and growth opportunities to scale product adoption and engagement
- Ability to work seamlessly with product, research, engineers, operations and customers
- Architect system wide design solutions that satisfy both product and engineering requirements
- Proven high bar for quality and attention to detail
- ***Portfolio is required***
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
How to apply : Lead Product Designer – Client Growth (Remote)
Job Source : UpWork